321 results found for "local+food"
- Spirituality in the North York Moors National Park
Many have Norman or even Saxon features, with ancient fonts, ceiling bosses and monuments honouring local noble families from centuries past.
- Hiking in the Pindos Mountains
For two hours Costas, a local photographer who has spent decades capturing the moods of the region, has led me up from Mikro Papigo, a lovely hamlet the colour of old ivory.
- Identifying bumblebees on a wildlife walk in the Kent Downs
Covering just 19 or so hectares, Whinless Down is a designated Local Nature Reserve noted for the rare species its dramatic chalkland supports.
- A walk for seafood lovers on the Northumberland Coast
Good honest northern food, washed down with a half of squid ink ale, brewed onsite by the hardworking (and rather fiery) mother and daughter team.
- Exploring the Gothenburg Archipelago
That’s because islands are car-free and locals get around the narrow island roads by golf cart – or bicycle.
- Exploring Dedham Vale, Constable's paintings and his inspiration
If the tower is open (weekends only) then it’s well worth a climb to the top for its fabulous views over the surrounding Stour Valley, and if you have time then stroll up to Castle House, which was home to another great local artist and former President of the Royal Academy, Sir Alfred Munnings.
- Cycling in Arnside & Silverdale
You have a choice of pitstops: afternoon tea at the Old Post Office Tea Room or a pint at the wood-clad Wheatsheaf Inn, which has been welcoming guests since 1609 - first as a farmhouse providing meals to local farm labourers and later as a coaching stop for folk travelling from Lancaster to Carlisle.
- New and alternative attractions in Athens
As you listen, you can enjoy the cafe’s simple but tasty food, including meatballs made to Dimitris’ grandmother’s recipe.
- Culture and Heritage of Green Spain
It is a good opportunity to walk off the ‘pinchos’ - tapas style small plates of food - that come free with a drink in many of the bars in the Old Town.
- Montsec mountain by path and paddle
It was a bright May morning when a companion and I joined local guide Jaume Marvà to traverse this dramatic track, part of the GR1 long-distance trail.