Introduction and General Terms
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Greentraveller Limited (company number 6997760), a company whose registered office and main trading address is located at Greentraveller Ltd, 7-9 North Parade Buildings, Bath, BA1 1NS (formerly at 211, Buspace Studios, Conlan Street, London W10 5AP, United Kingdom and prior to that at Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London N7 6PA and prior to that at Durham Road Resource Centre, 86 Durham Road, Islington, London, N7 7DT).
Our Data Protection Office and nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is R Hammond.
Information collection and use
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information about you which you provide to us when you sign up as a user of the Website;
- information gathered when you post material;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of transactions or bookings you carry out through our site;
- and details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We will review all personal information held from time to time in order to ensure that we do not maintain a record of that information for longer than is necessary.
- to identify the areas of the Website that you use most regularly in order to provide you with a better service by tailoring your use of the Website;
- to maximise the efficiency of your use of the Website by retaining certain information about your user profile in order to prevent you having to provide us with the same information on more than one occasion;
- to prompt you about updated or new content on the Website that may be of particular interest to you;
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern; and
- to speed up your searches.
Once you have provided your personal information to us we may use it:
- to enable you to access information on the Website and to ensure that it is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
- to enable us to provide you with information that may be of particular interest to you; and/or
- to tell you about changes to the Website or to communicate with you generally; and/or
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and/or
- to process a transaction between you and a third party; and/or
- to notify you about changes to our service.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Providing your information to third parties
We may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about products or services which are advertised on, or linked to, the Website or whose products or services you have indicated you wish to acquire, or to provide you with an online quotation, where you have indicated that you require such a quotation.
We aim to ensure that you obtain the maximum benefit available to you from the Website. As a consequence, we may ask you to advise us of any areas of the Website that may be of particular personal interest to you. We may use the information that we gather as a result of this process to advise you of specific offers in connection with products or services advertised on, or linked to, articles on the Website. In turn, this may result in our disclosing your personal information to third parties.
You may advise us at any point if you no longer wish us to share your personal information with third parties and we will cease doing so with immediate effect, subject always to circumstances in which we are obliged to do so for legal or regulatory purposes.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that a certain number of users have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, users living in the Lake District). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, or
- if Greentraveller Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Your personal profile in ‘My Account’
Should you sign in to the Website as a registered user you will hold an active profile on the Website which records brief details about your personal profile in the ‘My Account’ section. If your details change (such as your email address) you can edit it directly on your ‘My Account’ personal profile page. If you have difficulties accessing your profile, please contact: email@example.com.
The content of your profile page is entirely determined by you and we merely enable you to post this information on your ‘My Account’ page. However, we may remove your profile page if, in our absolute discretion, we consider that any of the content of your profile is inappropriate for any reason whatsoever.
Improving the content on the website
We may use the information that we gather in connection with your personal profile and areas of interest together with any content that you post onto the Website as a user or Contributor to advise you of content that is proving more or less popular and what we believe to be the possible reasons for this.
Wherever possible we will communicate with you by electronic means. By providing us with an active email address, you agree that you are happy for us to communicate with you in this way in order to: advise you of products or services that may be of interest to you; advise you of any Website updates; or provide you with any other information that we consider would be of interest to you.
You can exercise your right to prevent us from contacting you at any time by contact us about this when we will provide clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from this service. firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Security of data and third parties
Your Statutory Rights
Although we adopt various procedures that are designed to protect your personal information and employ processes such as login auditing and idle session termination designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, we are unable to guarantee the security of data transmitted over the internet. As a result, any personal information that you provide to us is provided at your own risk.
Notification of changes
7-9 North Parade Buildings, Bath, BA1 1NS
end of Private Policy.