The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
1. Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
3. Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
Introduction and General Terms
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Greentraveller Limited (company number 6997760), a company whose registered office and main trading address is located at Greentraveller Limited, Studio 28, Glove Factory Studios, 1 Brook Lane, Holt
Information collection and use
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website.
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- and details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We will review all personal information held from time to time in order to ensure that we do not maintain a record of that information for longer than is necessary.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.
- to identify the areas of the Website that you use most regularly in order to provide you with a better service by tailoring your use of the Website;
- to maximise the efficiency of your use of the Website by retaining certain information about your user profile in order to prevent you having to provide us with the same information on more than one occasion;
- to prompt you about updated or new content on the Website that may be of particular interest to you;
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern; and
- to speed up your searches.
Providing your information to third parties
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that a certain number of users have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, users living in the Lake District).
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites). The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls [web addresses] (this is an example: https://t.co/IiJLl5JEoh).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Consent for appearing in photography and videography
Greentraveller requires people that appear identifable in our photographs and videos to sign a consent form known as a 'model release'. Should you appear in any of our photographs or videos and you do not wish us to use or store your image on video, please let us know and we will make immediate steps to put things right by pulling or editing the relevant material.
Security of data and third parties
Your Statutory Rights
Although we adopt various procedures that are designed to protect your personal information and employ processes such as login auditing and idle session termination designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information, we are unable to guarantee the security of data transmitted over the internet. As a result, any personal information that you provide to us is provided at your own risk.
Notification of changes
Email: info AT greentraveller.co.uk
Resources and further information