Please note: this website contains advertising from third parties.
Each individual advertiser is solely responsible for the content of its advertising material. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
For our full advertising terms and conditions, see: Greentraveller's Advertising Terms and Conditions
1. Introduction and definitions
Welcome to the Greentraveller website (herein the greentraveller.co.uk website is referred to as the “Website”). This Website is provided solely to provide customers with information about and access to holidays, accommodation and transport information, posting opinions of travel related issues, videos and photographic guides to people, places and organisations, and for no other purposes. All recommendations by the Website regarding trips, properties, rail and ferry travel and/or destinations are intended for the purpose of information and guidance only.
The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and “greentraveller” refer to Greentraveller Ltd, (company number 6997760), a company whose registered office and main trading address is located at Greentraveller Limited, Studio 28, Glove Factory Studios, 1 Brook Lane, Holt
, Bradford-on-Avon, Wiltshire, BA14 6RL United Kingdom. The term “you” refers to the customer visiting the Website and/or contributing content on this Website. The term 'Destination' refers to representatives of organisations supplying content to Greentraveller, such as from Tourist Boards, Destination Management Organisations, National Park Authorities and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
“Website” means the website or websites which shall be used at any time for the purposes of carrying out the business of Greentraveller or any associated company of Greentraveller. Such website or websites shall include the website which shall normally appear on the World Wide Web at the address http://www.greentraveller.co.uk however shall also be deemed to include any other website or websites which may be used for the purposes of carrying out the business of Greentraveller.
You may only use the Website if you agree to abide by these terms and conditions, and by all applicable laws.
By accessing or using this Website in any manner, you agree to be bound by the Agreement. If you do not accept all of these terms and conditions, you are not authorized to use this site. Be sure to return to this page periodically to review the most current version of the Agreement. We reserve the right at any time, at our sole discretion, to change or otherwise modify the Agreement in accordance with the Terms and Conditions herein and your continued access or use of this Website signifies your acceptance of the updated or modified Agreement.
3. Greentraveller’s commitment to you
3.2 Accessing the website
We will ensure that, as far as possible, the Website is available at all times. We reserve the right to withdraw access to the Website or amend the service we provide on the Website without notice for any reason which shall include, but is not limited to carrying out any necessary repairs and maintenance or updating of the Website. We will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
4. Your commitment
4.1 Commercial use
The Website is for personal use only and its use in connection with any commercial endeavours is strictly prohibited. Unlawful and/or unauthorised use of the Website, including the collection of usernames or email addresses of other members of the Website, whether by electronic or other means, is prohibited. Unauthorised commercial adverts, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation posted on the Website may be removed without notice and may result in termination of this agreement. We reserve the right to take appropriate legal action should we become aware of any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website.
4.2 Ownership of your content
You are solely responsible for any reviews, comments, files, images, photos or any other material that you post on the Website (Your Content). You represent and warrant that Your Content:
- is accurate (where it states facts) and is genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- is either your original work or that you are the sole absolute and unencumbered legal and beneficial owner of the intellectual property rights in Your Content;
- it does not breach any right of confidentiality of any third party;
- is not defamatory, libellous or obscene or unacceptable for use on the Website;
- is not unlawful and does not contravene any statutory or regulatory provisions; and
- does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights or any other rights of any third party.
You are solely responsible for any photos, profiles (including your name, image, likeness and any personal information), notes, reviews, guides, information, video, images and any other content that you upload publish or display on the Website or share with other users of the Website. You may not upload, transmit or post on the Website any of Your Content that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You understand and accept that we may, in our absolute discretion, review the Website and may delete, edit or remove (without prior notice) any of Your Content for any reason whatsoever. You are responsible at your own expense for creating a back-up copy of any of Your Content that you choose to upload, transmit or post onto the Website.
In consideration of representatives from organisations supplying content for Greentraveller Guides, such as National Park Authorities, the administrative representatives of Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and other protected areas or organisations that have provided a grant from the Sustainable Development Fund to upload content onto the Greentraveller website: you are solely responsible for any photos, profiles (including your name, image, likeness and any personal information), notes, reviews, guides, information, video, images and any other content that you supply for display on the Website or share with other users of the Website. You may not upload, transmit or post on the Website any of Your Content that you did not create or that you do not have permission to post. You understand and accept that we may, in our absolute discretion, review the Website and may delete, edit or remove (without prior notice) any of Your Content for any reason whatsoever. You are responsible at your own expense for creating a back-up copy of any of Your Content that you choose to upload, transmit or post onto the Website.
When you submit content to us, you agree and represent that you have created this content, or you have received permission from, or are authorised by, the owner of any part of the content to submit it to the Guardian Site.You or the owner of the content still own the copyright in the content sent to us, but by submitting content to us, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish or transmit, or to authorise third-parties to use, publish or transmit your content in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented.
4.3 Contributor Content
When you submit content to us (including but not limited to text, video, photographs or digital images), you agree and represent that you have created this content, or you have received permission from, or are authorised by, the owner of any part of the content to submit it to the Greentraveller Site.
You or the owner of the content still own the copyright in the content sent to us, but by submitting content to us, you are granting us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish or transmit, or to authorise third-parties to use, publish or transmit your content in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented.
You agree to indemnify Greentraveller against all claims costs arising out of any infringement of copyright for such text, video, photographs or digital images.
In consideration of us allowing you to access the Website and, in the case of Contributors whose reviews have been uploaded onto the Website, as well as photographers and videographers from whom Greentraveller commissions photography and video production (hereby known as 'Contributors'), the payment of net revenue made to you under these terms and conditions, you assign to us with full title guarantee for the whole term of such rights:
- with the exception of photographs, images and video footage, the entire copyright and all other rights in the nature of copyright in Your Content. In relation to photographs, images or video footage which form part of Your Content you agree to grant us a non-exclusive permanent irrevocable royalty free worldwide licence to use those photographs, images and video footage;
- all other rights of whatever nature, whether now known or created in the future, to which you are now or may at any time after the date on which Your Content is uploaded onto the Website be entitled by virtue of any of the laws in force in any part of the world; and
- all related rights and powers arising or accrued, including the right to sue for damages and other remedies for any infringement of any of the rights listed above.
If you are the sole author of the work you agree to waive absolutely (should we so require) your moral rights arising under Chapter 4 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and, so far as is legally possible, any broadly equivalent rights you may have in any territory of the world.
If you are not the sole author you agree to provide us, before Your Content is uploaded onto the Website, with written absolute waivers from all authors of Your Content in relation to all moral rights which subsist in Your Content by virtue of Chapter 4 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (should we so require) and, so far as is legally possible, any broadly equivalent rights such authors may have in any territory of the world. In the event that you do not provide us with waivers before uploading Your Content onto the Website we will assume that you are the sole author of Your Content.
In the event that licences in Your Content have been granted to third parties, or that Your Content has previously been published/uploaded onto other websites you agree to provide us with comprehensive details of such licences and/or details of previous publication.
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to assign the copyright in any of Your Content to us we will assign the copyright in Your Content back to you on the condition that you will provide us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide licence to use Your Content.
As the Website is a platform for the provision of information and the exchange of creative ideas and opinions whether by way of reviews of Your Content, reviews of other contributors’ contents or responses to comments posted by you, we will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use the Website. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any services provided on the Website. You may find that you do not agree with the comments of others. Comments made may be negative as well as positive. Accordingly, you agree to waive your right to object to derogatory treatment of Your Content. We expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the interaction of other users in relation to the services provided on the Website whether in contravention of our content standards or not.
4.4 Copyright of content supplied to Greentraveller by a Destination
Greentraveller warrants that photographs, images or video supplied to Greentraveller by a Destination for the Greentraveller Guides and any other part of the Website will only be used for promoting their Destination, however Greentraveller expressly reserves the right to also use any text, photographs, images or video supplied by the Destination on the general pages of the Website.
It is the responsibility of the Destination to ensure that it has the right to reproduce any text, video, photographs or digital images which it supplies to Greentraveller. The Destination agrees to indemnify Greentraveller against all claims costs arising out of any infringement of copyright for such text, video, photographs or images.
4.5 Proprietary Rights Over Content
And and all intellectual property rights in relation to the Website including guides, comments, reviews, files, images, photos or any other material (Our Content) belong to us and are the proprietary property of ourselves, our users or our licensors with all rights reserved. Some content on this website may be licensed under a Creative Commons Licence. Our Content may not be copied, altered, distributed, reproduced, downloaded, scraped, transmitted or sold in whole or in part, by any means without our prior written permission.
Your limited license to use the Website is subject to your acceptance of, and adherence to these terms and conditions. In addition, the license does not permit the use of any scraping, data mining, intelligent robots or other extraction or gathering of information from the Website for whatever purpose.
These terms and conditions include our policy for acceptable use of the Website and content posted on the Website, your rights, obligations and restrictions regarding your use of the Website. We reserve the right to reject, refuse to post, edit or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or part of the Website at any time without notice.
You are solely responsible for Your Content posted by you and all other material you transmit to us or other users. You represent and warrant that you own Your Content posted by you on the Website or have the right to post the content on the Website; You represent and warrant that Your Content does not:
- infringe the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- breach the Official Secrets Act or any other legislation or is otherwise unlawful;
- contain any content which is prohibited (please see Content Which Is Prohibited section below).
You agree to indemnify us and hold us, any of our subsidiaries, parents or affiliates, and each of their directors, employees, agents and subcontractors, harmless from and against any liability, damage, claim, loss, demand or expenses (including any associated costs) arising out of or in connection with any breach of these terms and conditions and in particular associated with the use by you of any of Our Content to which you have no right of ownership or any breaches of the terms of Ownership of Your Content or the breach of any warranties contained in these terms and conditions.
5. Our Liability
As we are providing a freely hosted platform to promote content we assume no responsibility for monitoring the Website for amongst other things, inappropriate or unlawful content, including but not limited to defamatory content. Content other than that reviewed by our editorial board as above is not reviewed by us prior to it being posted by users and content does not reflect our opinions, views or policies.
While we will use our best endeavours to ensure that any inappropriate content is deleted from the Website when it is brought to our attention, we expressly exclude liability for the content or any damage you may suffer as a result of the content displayed on the Website which is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy or lawfulness. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Website or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of the Website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
5.1 Limitation of liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT WILL GREENTRAVELLER OR ITS AFFILIATES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR: (i) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS AND OTHER PROFITS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE OR LOSS OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA), OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE GREENTRAVELLER WEBSITE, EVEN IF GREENTRAVELLER SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE GREENTRAVELLER WEBSITE. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, GREENTRAVELLER'S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (THEREBY MINIMIZING GREENTRAVELLER'S LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE LOWEST AMOUNT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS).
You will see advertising material submitted by third parties on the Greentraveller Website. Each individual advertiser is solely responsible for the content of its advertising material. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
7. Prohibited content
The following is a partial list of the kind of content that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. Content which
- is libellous, defamatory, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or obscene;
- is likely to deceive any person;
- is offensive or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- is threatening, abusive or will invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains images of nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, post or zip codes, or email addresses or other personal information excluding those relating to a hotel, restaurant, attraction or other commercial enterprise being reviewed in the guide;
- promotes information that you know to be false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated e-books or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protection devices, or providing pirated music or images or links to pirated music or image files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging or "spamming";
- contains restricted or password protected access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity fraud or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or Contributors;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person, or owned by another person, that you have posted without that person's consent;
- contains any photographs involving images of nudity, or obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter; or
- gives the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case or can be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
Information provided by other users may contravene this prohibition, and we assume no responsibility or liability for any material posted in contravention of these terms and conditions.
8. Prohibited activity
The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the Website. We reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action against anyone who, in our sole and absolute discretion, violates these terms and conditions, including but not limited to reporting that person to the relevant law enforcement and regulatory authorities as we see fit.
Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, spamming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any users and Contributors to buy or sell any products or services through the Website. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other users or Contributors. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Website in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any users or Contributors without their prior explicit consent;
- cover or obscure the banner advertisements or any other content on the Website via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the Website or the networks or services that support the Website;
- attempting to impersonate another users or Contributors or accessing the account, username or password of another users or Contributors;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the Website in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Website on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting comments with a commercial purpose or creating a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your aims;
- using the Website in a manner which breaches any applicable laws and regulations;
- using the Website in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; or
- knowingly transmitting any data, sending or uploading any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention of the provisions of these terms and conditions;
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Website;
- any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Website; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
If you become aware of any misuse of the Website by any third party please contact us at the address below.
9. Copyright policy
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce on the Website any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right belonging to others without obtaining their prior written consent.
If you believe content over which you hold a copyright has been copied in a way that constitutes infringement please contact us at the address below.
10. Defamatory material
Although our editorial board reviews postings onto the Website, other material is not reviewed or monitored, we act as a host for what is a creative platform for the exchange of literary work, images and ideas. Accordingly, we operate a “notice and takedown” procedure. If you believe the Website contains a defamatory statement contact us at the address below. Once the Report Abuse procedure has been followed, and should it result in the need to remove any content, we will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
11. Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
12. Linking to our website
You may link to our Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you and our Website must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms and conditions.
If you wish to make any use of material on the Website other than that set out above, please contact us at the address below.
13. Links from our website
Where the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. We cannot be held liable for the content, nature or reliability of any of third party links.
14. Liabilities for referral service
Because of the service we provide in this instance and how we provide it, it is important for you to understand the limitations of our liability, so we have detailed these below and by reading these and using the site you are agreeing to these limitations in full and you also are agreeing to accept the application of English law to govern matters between greentraveller.co.uk and yourself.
This website is made up of descriptions of arrangements provided by transport operators, tour operators and accommodation providers ("merchants"), and reviews and other postings from other third parties. Such content is the responsibility of the tour operator or accommodation provider or third party creator of the content. We have no responsibility for such content as we are merely providing access to such content as a service to you. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy or reliability of any information about any arrangements featured on this website or any opinions posted by third parties. While we will endeavour to remove any offensive or harmful content from the website as soon as reasonably practicable, we shall not be liable on account of the accuracy, defamatory nature, completeness, or otherwise of such content.
We act only as an advertising intermediary in respect of all services or arrangements featured on this website (“arrangements”). We accept no liability in relation to any contract you enter into or for any arrangements you purchase or for the acts or omissions of any merchant(s) or other person(s) or party(ies) connected with any arrangements. For all arrangements, your contract will be with the merchant of the arrangements.
The terms and conditions of the merchant(s) of your confirmed arrangements will apply to your booking. These terms and conditions may limit and/or exclude the merchant's liability to you.
Nothing on this website constitutes an offer on our part. The matters detailed constitute an invitation to you to make an offer to the applicable merchant on the merchant’s stated terms to purchase arrangements we feature. The applicable merchant may accept or decline any such offer. All arrangements featured or referred to are at all times prior to specific confirmation subject to availability and no warranties, promises or representations are given as to availability.
If you need to cancel or amend a confirmed booking, cancellation/amendment charges will generally be payable. The amount of such charges varies according to the time your notice of cancellation is received by the merchant concerned before departure. Please check the merchant’s terms and conditions.
i) Your holiday
For holidays where we have simply acted as a referrer or ‘lead generator’, we do not act as an agent for operators and accommodation owners in the sense that we do not take your money on their behalf or act as go between in any issues relating to your holiday. Your contract will be with them and them only and they are fully liable for every aspect of their holiday product that you buy, according to their own terms and conditions. So we urge you to check these in full before you book.
ii) Your holiday protection - Licences And Insurances
All holidays featured in the 'Holidays' section on greentraveller.co.uk are provided by operators who have advised greentraveller.co.uk that they either formally bonded, or operate a system of separate client accounts with external signatories, to provide you with financial security in the unlikely event that they should cease to trade. These tour operators have agreed to:
- Adhere to all relevant national travel industry regulations in their country or counties of operation.
- Hold valid operating licenses, certificates and permits as required by national authorities in their country or countries of operation.
- Hold public liability insurance cover and any other insurance cover, guarantees or indemnities required for operation in their country or countries of operation.
Greentraveller.co.uk does also market holidays from overseas tour companies. As the bonding regulations are different in each country we strongly encourage you to enquire about how your money is protected directly with the company you are booking with, or take out personal travel insurance that covers the failure of the holiday provider. When booking hotels and accommodation it is usual to pay after the completion of your stay.
Greentraveller Limited does not accept any liability for, or warrant the quality and standard of, any of the holidays that you are sold by our holiday providers. And specifically, Greentraveller Limited is not liable for any injury and/or damage to persons or property occurring during or as a result of any holiday taken as a result of enquiries made through this website.
15. Events beyond our reasonable control
We will not be liable to you for any delay or other failure to comply with our obligation (if any) where the delay or failure arises from any event or cause which is beyond our reasonable control.
16. Reliance on information posted
Any material posted on the Website is not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
The information contained on this website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical and other errors. The information on these pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We and the merchant concerned have the right to change the details of the arrangements featured or mentioned on this website at any time without prior notice. If any detail is obviously incorrect, neither we nor any merchant will be bound by it. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information on these pages up to date or liability for failure to do so. You must ensure you check all details of the arrangements with the merchant or transport agency at the time of booking.
Travel Information: Greentraveller aims to give you a reasonable idea of train and ferry times, fares, and how to buy tickets in order that (hopefully) there’s enough information to know what's available, how to plan a journey and where to book tickets. We do our best to keep the site updated, but it's impossible to keep every time and fare up to date all of the time. Fares are particularly troublesome, as we do not have access to fares manuals or reservation systems, only the same booking and internet resources that are available to the general public, such as the Thomas Cook European Rail Timetable, Thomas Cook Rail Map of Europe, seat61.com and the various booking websites such as eurostar.co.uk, raileurope.co.uk and bahn.com. We are particularly grateful to Amanda Monroe at Raileurope who has helped provide many of the prices we provide for international trail travel. Timetables and fares do change throughout the year so please treat all train and ferry times and fares as a guide, and use the links provided to double-check them using the official railway and ferry websites wherever possible. Always confirm details when you book. Greentraveller can't take responsibility for errors or inaccuracies in the information it provides, but please e-mail us if you find any and we will put them right as soon as possible: email@example.com
17. Changes to the website
We aim to update the Website regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Website, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
18. Our right to delete or edit your content
We may delete or edit Your Content at any time for any reason including but not limited to where the content is offensive, infringes the rights of any third party, threatens the safety of any person or is otherwise unlawful. We will not be required to give you any reason for deleting or editing such content or to enter into any dialogue with you. Our decision will be final.
19. Third party software
In order to make full use of the Website you may need to download software and content which may include additional terms and conditions. Such terms and conditions will be deemed incorporated into these terms and conditions to the extent that you download such software or content.
20. Featured products and advertising
Although all advertising is expected to conform to the appropriate advertising standards, inclusion of such material in this site does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of any products or of the claims made for them by the advertiser. Users are advised to verify product information with the advertiser.
21. Entire agreement
This agreement represents the entire agreement between us relating to its subject matter, meaning that no other terms expressed or implied apply or govern your contractual relationship with us.
22. Governing law and jurisdiction
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
23. Changes to these terms and conditions of use
Please note that we may change these terms and conditions from time to time at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to do without your consent. Any revised terms and conditions will be applicable at the time of posting on the Greentraveller Website. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the Greentraveller Website after it has been posted.